What is the rate of incidence of pelvic inflammatory disease?

In 2014 approximately 51,000  women ages 15-44 in the United States went to the doctor for pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) each year. About one in 10 women with PID will become infertile as a result of PID. In fact, PID is the leading preventable cause of infertility in American women. Because of this, it's important to see your doctor right away if you notice any symptoms.

Continue Learning about Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)

What are the possible complications of pelvic inflammatory disease?
IIf it's caught and treated early, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) generally doesn't cause any com...
Is pelvic inflammatory disease serious?
If it's caught and treated, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) may not be too serious. However, becau...
Can I get pelvic inflammatory disease again even if I've already had it?
Having pelvic inflammatory disease once doesn't protect you from getting infected again. In fact, yo...
Is there a cure for pelvic inflammatory disease?
The treatment options for pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) are antibiotics. In severe cases you may...