What can I do when my toddler acts up?

David Herz, MD
Pediatrics
One of the best ways to help a toddler behave is to set her up for success. One way of doing that is to avoid situations where she is likely to become frustrated or bored. For instance, if you need to run errands and must bring your child, try to avoid going at times of the day when you know she'll be difficult, such as right before naptime. If your toddler often becomes grumpy while waiting in lines, bring books, a favorite toy or snack to prevent her from becoming bored.

Continue Learning about Parenting

The Dangers of the Powdered Margarita
The Dangers of the Powdered Margarita
Weird ways to consume alcohol have been popping up on social media and YouTube -- and are enough to make any college counselor or parent’s heart skip ...
How can I grow as a person if I am a mother?
Mia RedrickMia Redrick
Hare five simple ways moms can help themselves to personally grow:1. Take yourself on a date. A mom’...
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
Here’s what’s common, what’s not—and when to call the doc.
Smart Discipline: Alternatives to Spanking Your Child