How do I teach my child proper hand washing habits?

Hand washing should be a habit that you model when you come in from outside, change a diaper, go to the toilet, and prepare and eat food. When children start going to the toilet, they should begin to wash and dry their hands by themselves. A stepping stool helps ensure easy access.
YOU: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First Grade

There’s little doubt that parenting can be one of the most rewarding and satisfying experiences you’ll ever have. But it can be plenty tough, too: Around the clock, you’re working to keep your...

Continue Learning about Parenting

Lunchbox Safety
Lunchbox Safety
When a New York City 4 th grader Zachary Maxwell told his folks he wanted to take his lunch to school, they insisted he stick with the school’s oh-so-...
Should I let my child watch the news after a tragedy?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
After a tragedy, limit your child's news access over the next few days or turn off the televisio...
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
Here’s what’s common, what’s not—and when to call the doc.
How Can the Media Affect My Body Image?
How Can the Media Affect My Body Image?