Should I allow my child to play video games?

Michele Borba
There's no doubt that video games are a part of the plugged-in generation's lifestyle. But that does not mean every kid should be allowed to play every video game! Many of these games depict violence, blood and killing very realistically. Though your kids may think shooting, killing and maiming, are just a game, parents should be concerned about the effect they could have on kids' attitudes toward aggression and their capacity for empathy.
The Big Book of Parenting Solutions: 101 Answers to Your Everyday Challenges and Wildest Worries

Today show's Michele Borba's cures for difficult childhood behaviors In this down-to-earth guide, parenting expert Michele Borba offers advice for dealing with children's difficult behavior and hot...

Continue Learning about Parenting

Lunchbox Safety
Lunchbox Safety
When a New York City 4 th grader Zachary Maxwell told his folks he wanted to take his lunch to school, they insisted he stick with the school’s oh-so-...
What social skills should I teach my child to help him to make friends?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
To teach your kid friendship-making skills, start by focusing on one social skill your child lac...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
Dr. Tamar Chansky - Should I let my child watch the news after a tragedy?