How can I reinforce my shy child's social efforts?

Michele Borba
Any and every effort your child makes to be even a tad more social deserves a pat on the back: “I saw how you walked up to that new boy today. Good for you!” “I noticed that you really made an effort to say hello to Sheila’s mom. She looked so pleased!”

Continue Learning about Parenting

6 Ways to Protect Your Child From Medical Mistakes
These are excerpted from a patient tip sheet published by the U.S. government. While all the info in it is useful, using this little hospital checklis...
Why should I help my child make friends?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Research from Concordia University, Florida Atlantic University and the University of Vermont pu...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
How to Help Kids Get Back on a Normal Sleep Schedule