How can my child study at home after hospitalization?

If your child leaves the hospital, but cannot return to school, you may request homebound or home-hospital services. Request these with the school or district so your child doesn't fall behind. A doctor or the hospital education specialist, with parent's written permission, may contact school personnel to start the process.

Each school district has rules about how long a student must be out of school before he begins homebound services. Homebound services provide some teaching time, but less than in the classroom. A teacher brings work to the student, briefly reviews material, collects homework, and assigns homework for the next meeting.

Continue Learning about Parenting

Top 5 Reasons Breakfast Is a Must for Kids
How many times have you heard "breakfast is the most important meal of the day"? Here's why, in terms of small fry. Kids who eat breakfast: Do bett...
What is a good alternative to spanking my child?
A better way to discipline a child instead of spanking is to first understand what's going on. Child...
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
Here’s what’s common, what’s not—and when to call the doc.
Daphne Oz on Being a New Mom Again
Daphne Oz on Being a New Mom Again