How do I know if my family is watching too much TV?

Michele Borba
Have you ever really stopped to track how much TV you and your kids do watch during the weekends (or weeknights)? If not, take the Parent Challenge: Keep a diary of your child’s TV habits starting this weekend. Anybody who turns that TV on must log in. Then add those minutes up (or have your kids do the adding -- it’s a great math lesson). The number just may shock -- or delight -- you, and also fuel your commitment to help break your children’s TV addiction this summer. (Just make sure you add up your own viewing habits as well.)

Continue Learning about Parenting

5 Tips for Boosting a Child’s Memory
5 Tips for Boosting a Child’s Memory
The Cowboy called Forgetful Jones is a Sesame Street character who can’t even remember he needs his horse to take a ride around his ranch. That’s cute...
How do I know if my child is ready to spend the night away from home?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Is your child sleeping in her own bed through the night or is she climbing in with you at two o’...
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
Here’s what’s common, what’s not—and when to call the doc.
What Healthy Foods Should I Keep in My Kitchen for My Family?