How can I help my child who runs away when he’s upset?

Children who run away when they’re upset may be sending several messages. The right strategy, says Karyn Purvis, Phd, founder and director of the TCU Institute of Child Development, can help.

Continue Learning about Parenting

Pediatric Emergencies: 6 Commandments of ER Care
1. Stay Calm. If you freak out, so will your child. 2. If your child is unresponsive, call 9-1-1 and do the "ABC" check: Check the Airway to make ...
Why should I encourage my child to talk about his dreams?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
In many traditions, communities come together and share their dreams with each other. If you sta...
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
Here’s what’s common, what’s not—and when to call the doc.
How Can I Help a Perfectionist Child Who Is Easily Frustrated?