How can I teach my child to be fair?

Michele Borba
Here are some parenting practices that help teach your child to be fair:
  • If you want your child to be fair, expect your child to be fair.
  • The easiest way to increase fairness is by reinforcing fair behaviors.
  • Encourage your child when he encounters unfair treatment to stand up for himself and the rights of others.
  • Emphasize acting fairly and good sportsmanship both on and off the field.

Continue Learning about Parenting

8 Lessons I Learned About Parenting in the ER
The emergency room is not a place you go to learn about parenting. Yet, after years of working as an ER doctor, during moments ranging from tragic to ...
How can I promote charity in my kids?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Be a charitable role model. Studies show that if parents are generous and giving, kids are likely to...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
Should You Worry About Sibling Bullying?