How can I help my middle child be more independent?

Michele Borba
Let your middle kid march to his own drum and not have to hang onto the coat tails of an older sibling. Tap into your middle’s child true potential and emphasize each child’s unique strengths and true potential. These kids are usually more creative and individualistic. Draw out their natural nature.

Sure, how our kids turn out does have a lot to do with genetics and pre-disposed temperament. But it also has to do with how they are treated by us as well as the experiences they have with their siblings. .
The Big Book of Parenting Solutions: 101 Answers to Your Everyday Challenges and Wildest Worries

Today show's Michele Borba's cures for difficult childhood behaviors In this down-to-earth guide, parenting expert Michele Borba offers advice for dealing with children's difficult behavior and hot...

Continue Learning about Parenting

Safe Weight Loss for Teens—How to Help Kids Lose Pounds and Inches
Q: My daughter is 13 and weighs 238 pounds. She started packing on the pounds at age 9. I am at a loss as to how to help her. -- Beverly via e-mail A...
How can I avoid yelling at my children?
Lynne KenneyLynne Kenney
Here’s how to communicate with your child without yelling: 1) Get close to your child, establish ...
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
Here’s what’s common, what’s not—and when to call the doc.
Dr. Drew Pinsky Explains the Dark Web
Dr. Drew Pinsky Explains the Dark Web