How can I explain to my child that blogs are not always accurate?

Erik Fisher
While some blogs can be educational or informational, many times the accuracy of information isn't checked. Children often don't discern between what is opinion and what is fact, and it may be easy for them to be swayed by the content of blogs. The more you maintain open communication with your kids, the more likely they are to talk to you if they have a question about something they've read. And remember, you can always ask them what they have been learning from blogs. If necessary, gently ask for the sources of their information, and help them understand the difference between information that is backed up by reliable sources and those that are not.

Continue Learning about Parenting Teens

Should I monitor my teenager's online behavior?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Monitoring your teenager's online presence can prevent consequences beyond Internet dangers like por...
What is sexting?
Dr. Erik FisherDr. Erik Fisher
Sexting involves people, mostly teens, taking nude pictures of themselves and sending them using the...
Is Your Kid a Cyberbully?
Is Your Kid a Cyberbully?
How to Help Kids Get Back on a Normal Sleep Schedule