Why is my young child scared of haircuts?

Kids at this age let their imaginations get the best of them, and they do fear what those clippers (or scissors) can do to them. They are actually wrestling with their own feelings of aggression, so fears of monsters, clippers, dogs, and stuff like that are common at this age. As they struggle with their fear of losing control and actually hurting someone (or breaking something), they become afraid someone or something will hurt them.

Continue Learning about Parenting a Toddler

How should I react when my child is playing?
Erik FisherErik Fisher
Kids, through their innocence, bring so much to their play experiences. Sometimes their actions ...
Why is my toddler so attached to his pacifier?
Heather Wittenberg, PhDHeather Wittenberg, PhD
Psychologically, there is something to the notion that a toddler is working very hard on indepen...
5 Ways to End Kids' Temper Tantrums
5 Ways to End Kids' Temper Tantrums
What Are the Best Methods for Disciplining a Toddler?