Do I need locks for my toilet bowl lids if I have a toddler?

Since a small child can drown in only a few inches of water, install locks on your toilet bowl lids, and never leave a bucket or container with water in it unattended, much less a bathtub or swimming pool. An adult must always be present around water. Period.

From The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents by Jennifer Trachtenberg.

The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do! "Moms and dads need expert guidelines, especially when it comes to their kids' health. This book reveals the inside strategies I use myself-I'm a parent,...

Continue Learning about Parenting a Toddler

Is it okay to use suppositories for a child who refuses to poop?
Heather Wittenberg, PhDHeather Wittenberg, PhD
While effective, suppositories can be rather harsh, from a psychological perspective. It tells t...
Why does my toddler disobey me?
Toddlers are really in a mini-adolescence. They are struggling mightily with how to act, whom to...
5 Ways to End Kids' Temper Tantrums
5 Ways to End Kids' Temper Tantrums
What Are the Best Methods for Disciplining a Toddler?