Do I need locks for my toilet bowl lids if I have a toddler?

Since a small child can drown in only a few inches of water, install locks on your toilet bowl lids, and never leave a bucket or container with water in it unattended, much less a bathtub or swimming pool. An adult must always be present around water. Period.

From The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents by Jennifer Trachtenberg.

The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do! "Moms and dads need expert guidelines, especially when it comes to their kids' health. This book reveals the inside strategies I use myself-I'm a parent,...

Continue Learning about Parenting a Toddler

How can I handle a bossy toddler?
Heather Wittenberg, PhDHeather Wittenberg, PhD
It’s our job to help the little dictator get a taste of democracy; or at least accept the role o...
Is it okay to use suppositories for a child who refuses to poop?
While effective, suppositories can be rather harsh, from a psychological perspective. It tells t...
What Are the Best Methods for Disciplining a Toddler?
5 Ways to End Kids' Temper Tantrums
5 Ways to End Kids' Temper Tantrums