How can I take a bigger part in my child's life?

There’s a good chance your kids are interested in something you could find interesting as well, but you’ll only figure that out if you slow down long enough to look at it. One of the best times to do so is when you’re together at the dinner table. All families should make better use of this sacred time. Even if the family can only get together once a week, it can become the event that everyone looks forward to and where everyone gets to express themselves;, hopefully it will become a beloved tradition your children impart as they grow older and begin families of their own.

Continue Learning about Parent-Child Relationship

How can I build a positive mother-daughter relationship?
Mia RedrickMia Redrick
One of the ways to do this is by dating your daughter.  When you date your children, you can get to ...
How can I get along better with my parents?
If you fight a lot, it helps if you and your parents can give yourselves a timeout similar to the ...
What role do families play in our lives?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Families are the ultimate relationship arena. It is here that we experience our first, deepest, most...
What is attunement?
Catherine Mogil, PsyDCatherine Mogil, PsyD
Attunement is a system of communication between the parent and child. It's a way the child expresses...