Should I talk to my doctor about my parasitic infection?

If you have been exposed to situations in which parasites thrive or in which other people have contracted a parasitic infection, you should talk with your doctor about the condition. This is especially true if you are experiencing any of the common symptoms of a parasitic infection. These include fever, abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, or an obvious insect bite.

Continue Learning about Parasitic Infections

Hawaii Health Alert: Protecting Yourself From Rat Lungworm Disease
Rats have long been the vector for human disease—from the bubonic plague to leptospirosis—and in Hawaii today, they’re responsible for yet another inf...
What is the rate of incidence for parasitic infections?
There are millions of parasitic infections each year with the rate of incidence and type of infectio...
Do parasites have any benefit to humans?
Parasites can offer some benefits to humans. For example, early infections with parasites decrea...
How Are Parasitic Infections Diagnosed?
How Are Parasitic Infections Diagnosed?