Should I talk to my doctor about my parasitic skin infection symptoms?

Symptoms of a parasitic skin infection can be uncomfortable and sometimes painful. It is important to tell your doctor about the symptoms you are having. Some forms of parasitic skin infections can get worse if left untreated. Bacterial infections can affect both the infected skin and other organs of the body. For example, an infestation of lice can also spread bacterial diseases, such as typhus or trench fever.

Continue Learning about Parasitic Infections

Hawaii Health Alert: Protecting Yourself From Rat Lungworm Disease
Rats have long been the vector for human disease—from the bubonic plague to leptospirosis—and in Hawaii today, they’re responsible for yet another inf...
What is a tapeworm?
Tapeworms are parasites, usually found in under-cooked beef or pork, sometimes in freshwater fish. I...
What are the henipaviruses?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
The henipaviruses – Hendra Virus (HeV) and Nipah Virus (NiV) – emerged during the 1990s in Australia...
What Can Increase My Risk for Parasitic Infections?