Why might I need prescription pain medication after having a baby?

Prescription pain medication not only makes you more comfortable, but it helps you heal and recover. As you heal and recover, you can take better care of your baby and yourself. Your doctor may prescribe a strong pain medication if you have had:
  • a C-section (Cesarean section)
  • a cut or tear in your vaginal area during childbirth
  • any surgery or condition that causes severe pain

Continue Learning about Pain Treatment

Foam Rolling: What’s With All the Hype?
Foam Rolling: What’s With All the Hype?
Go into any gym, physical therapist’s office or rehab center and you will probably find foam rollers stacked on the floor or hanging on a rack. Many e...
What is cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) for pain management?
Cognitive behavioral therapy is now a common tool used in the arsenal of pain relief. Other helpful ...
What is the treatment for central pain syndrome?
Riverside Center for NeurosciencesRiverside Center for Neurosciences
For those affected by central pain syndrome, pain medications often provide some reduction of pain b...
How Can Changing My Lifestyle Help Ease My Pain?