What side effects should be reported to my doctor after a spinal injection?

It is possible that serious side effects may occur following a spinal injection procedure. Call your doctor or go to the emergency room if you experience any of the following:
  • Severe pain or headache
  • Fever or chills
  • Loss of bladder or bowel control
  • Progressive weakness
  • Redness or swelling around the injection site

Continue Learning about Pain Treatment

The Pain-Fighting Power of Saffron
The Pain-Fighting Power of Saffron
Did you know it takes 70,000 to 250,000 purple saffron crocuses to make one pound of the amber-red seasoning (it’s made from dried stigma, the part of...
What role does sleep play in managing pain?
Natalie E. Azar, MDNatalie E. Azar, MD
Studies show poor sleep can exacerbate pain, and research also suggests that chronic pain syndromes ...
How should I use ice and heat to treat pain?
Lori Smatt, DCLori Smatt, DC
To treat pain, you should only use ice in the first 48 hours after injury; then a combination of hea...
Eat More Salmon to Relieve Pain
Eat More Salmon to Relieve Pain