What are the different types of spinal injection?

The most common types of spinal injection are listed below:
  • Epidural steroid (cortisone) injections near specific nerves or directly into the epidural space (the area that surrounds the nerves within the spinal canal)
  • Facet joint injections and nerve blocks in or near the facet joints that connect the vertebrae
  • Sacroiliac (SI) joint injections into the SI joint, located between the sacrum and pelvic bones
Other types of spinal injections include diagnostic discograms, neurotomies, and trigger point injections.

Continue Learning about Pain Treatment

Opioid Use for Chronic and Acute Pain
Opioid Use for Chronic and Acute Pain
People across the country who are dealing with serious acute and chronic pain issues are becoming increasingly alarmed and confused about whether thei...
How should I practice visualization to help relieve chronic pain?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
Visualization of ideal movement is difficult for many people with chronic pain conditions. This ...
When is a port installed for long-term narcotic use?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
In some unusual cases of chronic pain, surgery can be used to insert a catheter for long-term use of...
What Natural Methods Can I Use to Reduce Pain?