How should I treat recurring neck and back pain?

Gerald M. Silverman
Chiropractic Medicine
When a flare-up occurs don't get discouraged because that will only work against you. Your back didn't "go out" so there is no reason to "freak out" or "fear out." You are going to treat a flare-up as if it were simple acute neck or back pain. Depending on the symptoms and recommendations, you will apply ice, heat, medication, rest, or exercise, as warranted. And after you have gotten over one or two of these flare-ups, you will come to realize just how magnificent your spine is and just how wonderfully it seeks to restore itself. As time goes by the frequency of flare-ups will diminish, their intensity will abate, and you'll trust in your spine to respond with all its miraculous recuperative powers.
Your Miraculous Back: A Step-By-Step Guide to Relieving Neck & Back Pain

Many of us complain about our 'bad back,' but this book argues that our backs are, without exception, amazing examples of bioengineering, capable of dramatic feats of strength, flexibility, and...

Continue Learning about Pain Treatment

Opioid-Free Ways to Beat Pain
Opioid-Free Ways to Beat Pain
Opioid addiction and overdose rates have reached epidemic levels, yet doctors still prescribe the drugs. Why? They work well to control pain, and in m...
I have a sharp pain under my knee cap, what can I do to stop that?
Pain under the knee cap can be caused by many different things. What I see most commonly is people h...
Why can't we stop pain completely?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
Pain has a protective function in our body, which is why we don't want to stop it completely, says D...
Get Natural Pain Relief With Ginger
Get Natural Pain Relief With Ginger