Can I continue taking my medication if I'm having a spinal injection?

If you are having a spinal injection, you may need to stop taking some of your medication before the procedure -- ask your healthcare provider. Generally, you should continue to take medicines necessary to your health, such as blood pressure or thyroid medicines. It is safe to take products containing acetaminophen (such as Tylenol).

Continue Learning about Pain Treatment

How to Exercise Your Pain Away
How to Exercise Your Pain Away
Pain and heart trouble are tangled together. “Silent” heart disease may first show up as unexplained aches and pains that people never mention to thei...
What is cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) for pain management?
Cognitive behavioral therapy is now a common tool used in the arsenal of pain relief. Other helpful ...
What should I consider before choosing a pain treatment center?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
There are many different forms of pain treatment and therapy, and one center may offer a service or ...
What Are Natural Treatments for Pain?
What Are Natural Treatments for Pain?