Why might one area of my leg hurt during activity?

If there is a spot on your leg that has gradually felt more painful and it is on the bone, a stress fracture is possible. Pain is worse with activity and lessens with rest. A feeling of weakness in the leg and cramping may be noticeable. Rest and anti-inflammatory medication is best.
(This answer provided for NATA by the Eastern University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Pain

He Feels, She Feels: How Pain Affects Men and Women Differently
Pain. It’s a fact of life. Burning, stabbing, throbbing, sharp, dull—these are some of the words people use to describe pain. But what exactly is pain...
What causes non-cardiac chest pain?
Dr. William B. Salt, MDDr. William B. Salt, MD
The two most common causes of non-cardiac chest pain (NCCP) are: Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease ...
6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter
6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter6 Ways to Stay Pain Free This Winter
Ease irritated joints and avoid cold-weather injuries with these expert-approved tips.
How Can I Determine What Kind of Back Pain I Have?