Who should have advanced diagnostic tests for neck and lower back pain?

Gerald M. Silverman
Chiropractic Medicine
Unless people with back pain have severe, constant neurological symptoms that have not responded to at least four weeks of conservative therapy, there is no need to undergo dangerous, costly, and time-consuming testing. And obviously the high-tech, risky, aggressive, and invasive treatments should always be reserved for the most severe and unrelenting cases. Advanced diagnostic testing in the early stages of uncomplicated neck and lower back pain has not been shown to influence either the treatment protocols or the final outcome.
Your Miraculous Back: A Step-By-Step Guide to Relieving Neck & Back Pain

Many of us complain about our 'bad back,' but this book argues that our backs are, without exception, amazing examples of bioengineering, capable of dramatic feats of strength, flexibility, and...

Continue Learning about Pain

Reduce the Risk of Accidental Pain Medication Overdose
Last October the chronically injured former NFL safety Tyler Sash died from an accidental overdose after mixing two powerful pain medications. Unfortu...
How do I know if the pain is from nerve, muscle, or skeletal problems?
Trevor Wicken, NASM Elite TrainerTrevor Wicken, NASM Elite Trainer
There is no single test that can differentiate between neve, muscle, or skeletal pain. However, duri...
Aches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
Aches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
What's your body trying to tell you?
What Natural Methods Can I Use to Reduce Pain?