Are there alternative treatments for physical pain?

Alternative treatments for physical pain do exist. Two such treatments are acupuncture and magnet therapy. In acupuncture, small needles are inserted through the skin at specific locations of your body. It has been used to treat many pain related disorders such as carpal tunnel syndrome and fibromyalgia. Magnet therapy is sometimes used with athletic injuries and involves wearing a magnetic band around the wrists or neck. Both acupuncture and magnet therapy were used in ancient Chinese medicine.

Continue Learning about Pain

Getting Flexible for Drug-Free Pain Relief
Just how important is stretching? "Super important," says Sharecare fitness expert Wendy Batts. That's why flexibility exercises—like yoga, tai chi an...
When should I see a doctor for shoulder pain?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
You should see a doctor for shoulder pain if you experience a dramatic loss in motion or strength. F...
Aches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
Aches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never IgnoreAches and Pains You Should Never Ignore
What's your body trying to tell you?
How Do I Identify Pre-Pain Symptoms to Avoid Chronic Pain?