What qualifies a neurologist to treat fibromyalgia?

Fibromyalgia is commonly treated by a rheumatologist however family practioners, internists and neurologists are also well educated in its treatment.  Neurologists who have an indepth understanding of the causes and treatment of chronic pain, neuropathic pain and migraine headaches often use medications which are also used to treat fibromyalgia. 

Continue Learning about Pain Conditions

How is inflammation of the pudendal nerve treated?
Juan P. Villablanca, MDJuan P. Villablanca, MD
Inflammation of the pudendal nerve (a main nerve in the pelvis) can be treated with an injection of ...
When is neck or back pain a sign of a serious medical condition?
Gerald M. SilvermanGerald M. Silverman
On very rare occasions, neck or lower back pain can be a sign of a serious underlying medical co...
How do other illnesses affect central pain syndrome?
Central pain syndrome is not a condition without cause. It is the result of an illness or injury tha...
How can I prevent stiffness and pain in my joints as I get older?
Doctors Hospital of AugustaDoctors Hospital of Augusta
The number one way to prevent pain and stiffness in joints as you age is to stay active. If you don'...