Who should I see about my overactive bladder?

Donna Hill Howes, RN

If you experience signs and symptoms of overactive bladder, you might first visit your family doctor or general practice physician. If the cause of your problems cannot be identified and remedied, your doctor may refer you to a urologist for specialized diagnosis and testing.

Your family medicine doctor or primary care doctor is a great person to see about your overactive bladder. These doctors can help you manage your overactive bladder and importantly, they'll know when you need to see a specialist. Therefore, your family medicine doctor or primary care doctor is a good first stop to discuss this problem.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

My Story: Brynn and OAB
My Story: Brynn and OAB
People who are affected by overactive bladder (OAB) struggle with frequent and sometimes uncontrollable urges to urinate. In this video, Brynn shares ...
What is overactive bladder?
Ja-Hong Kim, MDJa-Hong Kim, MD
Overactive bladder is a clinical diagnosis that is characterized by the presence of bothersome urina...
Should I see my doctor if I think I have overactive bladder?
If you have symptoms of overactive bladder, you should talk to your doctor to get a diagnosis. O...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?