Can children suffer from overactive bladder?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
For some children, overactive bladder is a normal part of growing up. It is twice as common in boys as in girls and usually disappears naturally over time. It is important to understand that many children experience occasional incontinence and that treatment is available for most children who have difficulty controlling their bladders.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

My Story: Veronica and OAB
My Story: Veronica and OAB
Overactive bladder (OAB) can be embarrassing—but you're not alone. In the U.S., over 200,000 cases are diagnosed each year. In this video, Veronica sh...
Is surgery an option for severe overactive bladder?
Several surgical options are available if you are not responding to other treatments or for certain ...
Who should I see about my overactive bladder?
If you experience signs and symptoms of overactive bladder, you might first visit your family doctor...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?