Does aging cause overactive bladder?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
As you grow older, you have a higher risk of developing overactive bladder. You also are more susceptible to diseases and disorders that can contribute to other problems with bladder function, such as enlarged prostate in men and diabetes. Although common among older adults, an overactive bladder is not considered a normal part of aging.

Continue Learning about Overactive Bladder

My Story: Lynne and OAB
My Story: Lynne and OAB
Overactive bladder, or OAB, is characterized by having a frequent and sometimes uncontrollable need to urinate. In this video, Lynne shares her strugg...
Should I see my doctor if I think I have overactive bladder?
If you have symptoms of overactive bladder, you should talk to your doctor to get a diagnosis. O...
What is overactive bladder?
Ja-Hong Kim, MDJa-Hong Kim, MD
Overactive bladder is a clinical diagnosis that is characterized by the presence of bothersome urina...
Is Overactive Bladder the Same as Urinary Incontinence?