Why do we shake hands with our right hand?

The reason why we shake with our right hands isn't only because most of us are right-hand dominant. It's partly because shaking with our right was the signal to foes that we weren't armed. In some cultures, people wipe their tushes with their left hand - shaking with the right, in that case, is simply more hygienic.

You: Being Beautiful - The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Other Health Topics

What are medically unexplained symptoms?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Medically unexplained symptoms refer to the generic health symptoms that remain undiagnosed after co...
Do African-Americans have a lower-than-average life expectancy?
Dr. David L. Katz, MD, MPHDr. David L. Katz, MD, MPH
A 2007 analysis from the National Center for Health Statistics found that African-Americans'  li...
What Illnesses Can My Pet Give Me?
What Illnesses Can My Pet Give Me?
How Can My Pet Make Me Ill?
How Can My Pet Make Me Ill?