Why do we shake hands with our right hand?

The reason why we shake with our right hands isn't only because most of us are right-hand dominant. It's partly because shaking with our right was the signal to foes that we weren't armed. In some cultures, people wipe their tushes with their left hand - shaking with the right, in that case, is simply more hygienic.

You: Being Beautiful - The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Other Health Topics

How can I calculate my child’s weight in kilograms?
It’s actually easy to calculate your child’s weight in kilograms. Just take the weight in pounds and...
What is the role of the sodium-potassium pump in my body?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
The sodium-potassium pump is integral in maintaining the acid-base balance as well as in healthy kid...
How Can My Pet Make Me Ill?
How Can My Pet Make Me Ill?
Can My Dog's Bad Habits Make Me Sick?
Can My Dog's Bad Habits Make Me Sick?