What are the benefits of getting an orthodontic chin cup?

When an under bite or bulldog bite occurs in a child the lower teeth are positioned in front of the upper teeth. With this reversal efficient chewing is difficult if not impossible and the facial appearance is throw off balance and looked at as being not pleasing. Research has confirmed that the vast majority of under bites can be successfully treated at an early age. By not waiting for a poor growth pattern to continue until the teenage years it is easier to avoid extraction and or jaw surgery.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

When should I take my child to see an orthodontist?
Dustin S. Burleson, DDSDustin S. Burleson, DDS
If your child is approaching the age of seven, it's time to make an appointment for an initial e...
Are orthodontists only needed for difficult cases?
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMDGregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
This is a trick question because it may take an orthodontist to determine whether or not a case is d...
Why do some people have crooked teeth and misaligned bites?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Bad bite, or malocclusion, is when teeth that are crowded or crooked. In some cases your teeth may b...
Are braces affordable?
Braces are one of the best values in medicine today. My son had Lasik surgery this past summer and t...