How can I reduce complications after getting clear braces?

You can reduce complications after getting clear braces with good oral care. Make sure you brush twice a day to remove food particles trapped between teeth and ceramic or plastic brackets, and floss daily. Rinse your mouth thoroughly. Avoid sticky, chewy, or hard foods that can get stuck in your teeth. Cut back on soft drinks and other sugary beverages that can break down tooth enamel. And make sure to visit your dentist to have your teeth cleaned at least twice a year.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

When should I take my child to see an orthodontist?
Dustin S. Burleson, DDSDustin S. Burleson, DDS
If your child is approaching the age of seven, it's time to make an appointment for an initial e...
Should I eat differently if I have braces?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
While you have braces it’s important to maintain a balanced diet for the health of your teeth. Of co...
Why do some people have crooked teeth and misaligned bites?
Bad bite, or malocclusion, is when teeth that are crowded or crooked. In some cases your teeth may b...
Can wearing braces boost my self-confidence?
Wearing braces can boost your self-confidence, even while you are wearing them. It is encouraging to...