How can I prepare for getting a clear plastic dental retainer?

There is little you need to do to prepare for getting a clear plastic dental retainer. After your braces are removed, or when your orthodontist determines is an appropriate time, he or she will fit you for the device. You can expect to feel some pressure on your teeth and slight soreness, but this should go away after a few days of wear.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

How do I know if my teeth are crooked and my bite misaligned?
To find out if your teeth are crooked and misaligned, see your dentist. Your dentist will take X-ray...
Are antimicrobial rinses okay if I wear braces?
If you wear braces, antimicrobial or antibacterial rinses might only be okay if you are an adult. Th...
When should I take my child to see an orthodontist?
Dustin S. Burleson, DDSDustin S. Burleson, DDS
If your child is approaching the age of seven, it's time to make an appointment for an initial e...
What is orthodontics?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics is the oldest specialties of dentistry and is focused on the alignment of the teeth and...