How will I know if getting Invisalign braces was successful?

Your orthodontist will follow you through the process of moving your teeth with Invisalign braces. The orthodontist will tell you when you’ve achieved the best possible outcome with these braces. Generally, your teeth will be straighter and without gaps. For the best results, it’s important that you follow your orthodontist’s instructions after you have finished your treatment with Invisalign braces, because you may need to wear a retainer for a few years to keep your teeth aligned.
Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics

The best way to evaluate the success of Invisalign therapy is to compare the final position of the teeth with the simulation in the Clincheck software used by your doctor to treatment plan your smile. If the teeth look straight on the screen and you teeth in your mouth look just like the ones on the screen, the aligners have done exactly what they were supposed to do. Simply put, treatment was successful if your teeth are straight at the end of treatment!

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Can adults use braces to straighten their teeth?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Braces, also called orthodontics, can improve the appearance of teeth in both children and in adults...
How do I floss if I have braces?
Carol JahnCarol Jahn
One of the very best products for people of any age with braces is an oral irrigator/water flosser. ...
Do I have to wear braces on the outside of my teeth?
Jerry P. Gordon, DMDJerry P. Gordon, DMD
Most traditional braces are worn on the outside of the teeth, but there are alternatives. Braces ca...
What are complications of getting a clear plastic dental retainer?
Dustin S. Burleson, DDSDustin S. Burleson, DDS
In a recent on-line poll of orthodontic offices 64% of the responding specialists reported using cle...