How are ClearCorrect braces different than other braces?

Gregory J. Jorgensen, DMD
Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
The ClearCorrect system is a series of clear aligners that sequentially move the teeth by slightly changing their positions within the plastic shells. Unlike conventional braces where metal wires provide the forces that simulate tooth movement, clear aligner systems (like ClearCorrect and Invisalign) use clear plastic that surrounds the teeth to generate force. The biggest differences between ClearCorrect and regular braces are that they are clear and they can be removed for eating and brushing.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

Can adults use braces to straighten their teeth?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Braces, also called orthodontics, can improve the appearance of teeth in both children and in adults...
What is orthodontics?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Orthodontics is the oldest specialties of dentistry and is focused on the alignment of the teeth and...
How should I brush my teeth if I have braces?
Dr. Saul N. Miller, DDSDr. Saul N. Miller, DDS
Essentially the same principles of good brushing still apply; however, it may be a challenge to acco...
How can an orthodontist help straighten my teeth?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Orthodontics are used to treat a malocclusion ("bad bite"), to straighten teeth, and to correct ...