How should my child care for their ClearCorrect braces?

ClearCorrect braces are a set of clear plastic trays molded to fit your child's teeth. The ClearCorrect trays can easily be cleaned by brushing them with a toothbrush or cotton swab and rinsing them with water. You might want to avoid having your child use toothpaste on the trays, which is abrasive and can scratch them. Don't use hot water on them, since they’re made of molded plastic and can distort when exposed to heat. You can try commercially prepared cleaners, such as effervescent denture cleaner, or make your own soaking solution with diluted hydrogen peroxide (mix equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and water). You can try this ratio with vinegar and water as well.

Continue Learning about Orthodontics

How can an orthodontist help straighten my teeth?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Orthodontics are used to treat a malocclusion ("bad bite"), to straighten teeth, and to correct ...
What's the difference between a dentist and an orthodontist?
Arnold I. Liebman, DDSArnold I. Liebman, DDS
An orthodontist is a dental specialist who has completed additional years of post-graduate training ...
What are space maintainers made of?
A space maintainer, which a device that keeps a space open where a baby tooth has fallen out too soo...
Will braces make it hard for me to play musical instruments?
Because braces are fixed on the front surface of the teeth, it can affect the playing of some musica...