Can ocular rosacea be prevented?

Since the cause of ocular rosacea is unknown, there is no absolute way to prevent an outbreak. However, you can take steps to control your rosacea symptoms. If you have realized what triggers your rosacea, such as spicy food, alcohol, or extreme temperature, you can avoid these things. Also be sure to follow your doctor's treatment plan. These things will help you be able to prevent ocular rosacea to the extent possible.

Continue Learning about Ocular Rosacea

How do I manage my ocular rosacea on a daily basis?
To manage ocular rosacea, be sure to avoid anything that could trigger an outbreak. Pay attention to...
What specific rosacea skin treatment can help ocular rosacea?
The same oral antibiotics that help treat rosacea in the skin can also improve ocular rosacea, inc...
What is ocular rosacea?
Ocular rosacea is a condition that causes watery, bloodshot eyes that may sting or itch and feel d...
What kind of doctor treats ocular rosacea?
If you have ocular rosacea, you may want to see a specialist. An ophthalmologist is a doctor who spe...