Can ocular rosacea be prevented?

Since the cause of ocular rosacea is unknown, there is no absolute way to prevent an outbreak. However, you can take steps to control your rosacea symptoms. If you have realized what triggers your rosacea, such as spicy food, alcohol, or extreme temperature, you can avoid these things. Also be sure to follow your doctor's treatment plan. These things will help you be able to prevent ocular rosacea to the extent possible.

Continue Learning about Ocular Rosacea

How often should I wash my eyes if I have ocular rosacea?
You need to wash your eyes to relieve them of the dryness and itchiness caused by ocular rosacea. Yo...
What increases my risk for ocular rosacea?
Ocular rosacea accompanies skin rosacea in many cases, so if you have skin rosacea, you should monit...
How is ocular rosacea treated?
American Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmartAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmart
Rosacea cannot be cured, but it can usually be treated and controlled. For skin symptoms, doctors us...
Are some skin types more susceptible to ocular rosacea than others?
Ocular rosacea is more common in people with fair skin than people with dark skin. Ocular rosacea ma...