Are there alternative treatments for ocular rosacea?

You may ultimately need a prescription from your doctor to treat ocular rosacea, but there are steps you can take at home to lessen your symptoms. Talk with your doctor about what medications are safe for treating the redness and itchiness of your eyes. You may be able to use artificial tears to moisten your eyes. Cleansing your eyes with water will also help control symptoms.

Continue Learning about Ocular Rosacea

What antibiotics might my doctor prescribe for ocular rosacea?
Tetracycline is a common antibiotic used to treat ocular rosacea. Antibiotics for ocular rosacea are...
Should I talk to my doctor about my ocular rosacea symptoms?
If you have symptoms of ocular rosacea, you should talk to your doctor. You may need medication pres...
Does ocular rosacea fun in families?
While the exact cause of ocular rosacea is not known, genetics are thought to play a role. That mean...
How is ocular rosacea treated?
American Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmartAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmart
Rosacea cannot be cured, but it can usually be treated and controlled. For skin symptoms, doctors us...