What did Howard Hughes teach us about OCD?

Howard Hughes was one of the most famous people known to have obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). Psychiatrist Wayne Goodman, MD, of The Mount Sinai Medical Center, explains how the eccentric billionaire's story illustrates the paradox of OCD.

Continue Learning about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Am I Type A—Or Do I Have OCD?
Am I Type A—Or Do I Have OCD?
You’re a worrier, you can’t sleep if the house is messy, you only submit work that’s absolutely perfect…but when you casually say, “I’m so OCD!” is it...
How is cognitive behavioral therapy used to treat OCD?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is used to treat obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) by changing ...
What emotions do people with OCD often experience?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
The following are emotions that people with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) often experience: ...
What Is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
What Is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?