Why should I eat high-fiber cereal?

The foods you choose to begin your day may be the difference between a kick-start and a slow sputter. A high-fiber cereal for breakfast gives you a healthy boost and fills you up for your busy day ahead.

"High-fiber" is defined by the Food and Drug Administration as a product containing 20 percent of the Daily Value. Check the Nutrition Facts panel on the cereal box to make sure the fiber content meets this definition.

In addition to its health benefits, the fiber in cereal grains helps you feel full longer, making it easier to space meals three to four hours apart.

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Are Eggs Really Bad for Your Heart?
Are Eggs Really Bad for Your Heart?
More good news for Americans who love their protein-packed eggs: New research suggests that a daily egg habit isn’t bad for your heart. For the March...
What kinds of foods should I limit at home?
Rose ReismanRose Reisman
It's time to do some spring cleaning of your cupboards, fridge and freezer. Don't go overboard. ...
How to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar Bombs
How to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar Bombs
These sneaky sugar sources can sabotage your diet and send blood sugar levels soaring.
Cranberry Cookie Workout
Cranberry Cookie Workout