Why should I eat high-fiber cereal?

The foods you choose to begin your day may be the difference between a kick-start and a slow sputter. A high-fiber cereal for breakfast gives you a healthy boost and fills you up for your busy day ahead.

"High-fiber" is defined by the Food and Drug Administration as a product containing 20 percent of the Daily Value. Check the Nutrition Facts panel on the cereal box to make sure the fiber content meets this definition.

In addition to its health benefits, the fiber in cereal grains helps you feel full longer, making it easier to space meals three to four hours apart.

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Eat This Breakfast to Get Happy
Eat This Breakfast to Get Happy
That bowl of cereal you have for breakfast each morning? It just might be giving you an all-day edge when it comes to feeling happy. Compared with ce...
What foods contain monosodium glutamate (MSG)?
Stephen H. Atkins, PhDStephen H. Atkins, PhD
Hidden Sources of Processed Free Glutamic Acid (MSG)   The MSG reaction is a reaction to free gluta...
How can my nutrition affect my memory?
gay rileygay riley
It has already been mentioned that food specifically glucose is vital for brain function, since the ...
Health and Our Diet
Health and Our Diet