What are phenols?

Phenols are phytochemicals that provide foods with blue/purple colors. Foods rich in phenols are eggplant, plums, raisins, and prunes. Phytochemicals are naturally occurring compounds that have many beneficial functions in the body, including helping to prevent certain cancers.

Picture of plums

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Pros and Cons of Adding Spices to Your Diet
In her acclaimed 1995 series, Cooking with Master Chefs, Julia Child stressed the joys of herbs and spices. To her, the beauty of American cuisine was...
What foods should I eat to reduce my glycemic index?
High-fiber cereal help reduce your glycemic index, but corn flakes increase it.Watch the video to le...
What are macronutrients?
ChuiceChuice
Macronutrients are energy-providing chemical substances we consume in large quantities. There are th...
What Are Health Benefits of Whole-Grain Pastas?