What are phenols?

Phenols are phytochemicals that provide foods with blue/purple colors. Foods rich in phenols are eggplant, plums, raisins, and prunes. Phytochemicals are naturally occurring compounds that have many beneficial functions in the body, including helping to prevent certain cancers.

Picture of plums

Continue Learning about Nutrition

To Salt or Not to Salt
To Salt or Not to Salt
Yogi Berra once confided, “I didn’t really say everything I said.” We’re not sure if he said that before or after he said “take it with a grin of salt...
What can I use as a healthy salt substitute?
Vandana  R. ShethVandana R. Sheth
Fresh or dried herbs, spices and citrus juices make healthy and flavorful substitutes for salt.
How to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar Bombs
How to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar BombsHow to Spot 9 Hidden Sugar Bombs
These sneaky sugar sources can sabotage your diet and send blood sugar levels soaring.
What Is True Hunger?
What Is True Hunger?