How are lentils good for my brain?

Lentils provide a steady stream of glucose to your brain. Glucose, a sugar and key source of energy for cells in the body, is the only fuel your brain can use. The high fiber content of lentils is a key component in keeping your brain in optimal shape. The fiber regulates the release of the glucose, providing a steady stream of fuel that powers your brain cells. 

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Foods That Can Actually Make You Hungrier—And What to Eat Instead
If you’ve ever downed a bag of chips, but found yourself heading back into the kitchen an hour later in search of a snack, there’s actually an explana...
How do my genes influence my body's reaction to food?
The University of North Carolina Nutrition Research Institute is a leader in the growing field o...
What nutrients can be found in orange foods?
Frances Largeman-Roth, RDFrances Largeman-Roth, RD
Orange foods, including butternut squash, sweet potatoes and mangoes, are a rich source of beta-caro...
Which Fats and Oils Are Healthy?
Which Fats and Oils Are Healthy?