How do I fuel my energy through my diet?

Jacob Teitelbaum
Integrative Medicine

To fuel your energy system, you need various nutrients. The B vitamins make up the backbone of energy production and transport. In addition, magnesium is a key player in hundreds of critical reactions in the body and is markedly suboptimal in most Western diets. Many other nutrients, including malic acid (which comes from apples), folate, and several amino acids are also critical for your energy systems to work well.

Three Steps to Happiness! Healing Through Joy

Happiness is our natural state of being. It is who we are. This happiness is obvious when you look at little children before they take on society’s beliefs. Their natural state is to feel all of...

Continue Learning about Nutrition

A Calorie is Not Just a Calorie
A Calorie is Not Just a Calorie
In 1918, when Lulu Hunt Peters published her best-selling Diet and Health: with key to the calories, she was offering American women her personal solu...
What does a registered dietitian (RD) do?
A registered dietitian (RD) is a graduate of an accredited undergraduate dietetics program, has comp...
7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet
7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet7 “Health Foods” That Are Ruining Your Diet
These surprising picks may be sabotaging your weight loss plan.
How Can Adding a Pinch of Salt to Fruit Help Curb My Craving for Sweets?