How do I fuel my energy through my diet?

Jacob Teitelbaum
Integrative Medicine

To fuel your energy system, you need various nutrients. The B vitamins make up the backbone of energy production and transport. In addition, magnesium is a key player in hundreds of critical reactions in the body and is markedly suboptimal in most Western diets. Many other nutrients, including malic acid (which comes from apples), folate, and several amino acids are also critical for your energy systems to work well.

Three Steps to Happiness! Healing Through Joy

Happiness is our natural state of being. It is who we are. This happiness is obvious when you look at little children before they take on society’s beliefs. Their natural state is to feel all of...

Continue Learning about Nutrition

Natural Ways to Add Food Coloring to Your Meals
In the 1989 tear-jerker, Steel Magnolias, bride-to-be Shelby (Julia Roberts) permits her adoring fiance to order his own groom’s cake. It’s shaped lik...
How can foods rich in carotenoids help me look better?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Eating foods rich in carotenoids can improve your appearance in only two months, according to Britis...
What is the role of micronutrients in the body?
Joan Salge Blake, MS, RDJoan Salge Blake, MS, RD
Micronutrients, which are vitamins and minerals, are extremely important for good health. Vitamins a...
What Foods are Nutritious for My Skin?
What Foods are Nutritious for My Skin?