Follow these eight rules of eating, and you'll more easily manage your weight and improve your nutrition -- all in one swoop.
1. Eat when you're hungry. And eat often, so you're never famished. But have your last meal at least three hours before bed.
2. Change your plates. Switch to 9-inch plates for meals, not the usual 11- or 13-inch variety. Smaller plates = smaller portions.
3. Eat these every day:
4. Eat fish at least 3 times a week, ideally salmon, mahimahi, tilapia, catfish, or flounder.
5. Be a hot tomato. Eat at least 10 tablespoons of cooked tomato products (ketchup, marinara sauce) a week for a healthy dose of the antioxidant lycopene, which can decrease the risk of prostate and other cancers.
6. Avoid these like a hot potato:
7. Before you eat, drink. Have one or two glasses of water before every meal to help fill you up.
8. Take daily:
Eating a variety of foods each day that are low in fat and calories ensures you get proper nutrition and nutrients like folate, magnesium and iron. Calcium, fiber, potassium and selenium are other nutrients essential for wellness,... growth, development, cell repair and disease prevention. Colorful foods, such as fruits and vegetables, are often the richest sources of nutrients. Taking a multivitamin once daily is a good way to supplement your diet. More