Can naturopathy prevent disease?

Natasha Turner, ND
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Naturopathic medicine is wonderful for focusing on prevention of disease, as well as treating illness. In this video, naturopathic doctor Natasha Turner, ND, explains how naturopathic medicine works to maintain and optimize your health every day. 

The goal of naturopathy is prevention. Naturopathic doctors promote a healthy lifestyle. There are many illnesses that cannot be prevented. A naturopath works with you to build immunity and strength and cleanse the body of harmful substances. Naturopaths counsel proper diet and exercise techniques: proven preventive measures for certain diseases. Naturopaths consider every aspect of your life, including emotional, sexual, and social factors, and believe that the whole person should be treated.

Continue Learning about Naturopathy

Cure Your Cough with a Spoonful of Honey
If you told our Stone Age relatives to “mind your own beeswax,” they could have done just that, say researchers from the UK’s University of Bristol. T...
Is naturopathy scientifically proven?
Some aspects of naturopathy are considered controversial and have not been proven scientifically. Na...
What is a naturopathic doctor?
Lisa  Samet, NDLisa Samet, ND
An ND is someone who graduated from an accredited naturopathic college (there are about 7 in North A...
How Can I Treat a Muscle Strain?
How Can I Treat a Muscle Strain?