Can naturopathy prevent disease?

Natasha Turner, ND
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Naturopathic medicine is wonderful for focusing on prevention of disease, as well as treating illness. In this video, naturopathic doctor Natasha Turner, ND, explains how naturopathic medicine works to maintain and optimize your health every day. 

The goal of naturopathy is prevention. Naturopathic doctors promote a healthy lifestyle. There are many illnesses that cannot be prevented. A naturopath works with you to build immunity and strength and cleanse the body of harmful substances. Naturopaths counsel proper diet and exercise techniques: proven preventive measures for certain diseases. Naturopaths consider every aspect of your life, including emotional, sexual, and social factors, and believe that the whole person should be treated.

Continue Learning about Naturopathy

What are the risks of naturopathy?
You should be aware that naturopathy cannot substitute for conventional medical care. So be sure to ...
How does naturopathy treat aging?
Many of the problems that develop with aging can be helped by naturopathy. Holistic treatments can h...
What Are the Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar?
How Can I Reduce Back Pain from a Slipped Disc?