Can naturopathy prevent disease?

Natasha Turner, ND
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Naturopathic medicine is wonderful for focusing on prevention of disease, as well as treating illness. In this video, naturopathic doctor Natasha Turner, ND, explains how naturopathic medicine works to maintain and optimize your health every day. 

The goal of naturopathy is prevention. Naturopathic doctors promote a healthy lifestyle. There are many illnesses that cannot be prevented. A naturopath works with you to build immunity and strength and cleanse the body of harmful substances. Naturopaths counsel proper diet and exercise techniques: proven preventive measures for certain diseases. Naturopaths consider every aspect of your life, including emotional, sexual, and social factors, and believe that the whole person should be treated.

Continue Learning about Naturopathy

Cure Your Cough with a Spoonful of Honey
If you told our Stone Age relatives to “mind your own beeswax,” they could have done just that, say researchers from the UK’s University of Bristol. T...
Can naturopathy help me control my weight?
Naturopathy is an option for nutritional counseling and weight loss management. A naturopath will he...
How is naturopathic medicine performed?
Dr. Christopher Maloney, NDDr. Christopher Maloney, ND
We begin with a person, not a disease process. We also begin with a different series of assumptions ...
What Is Emu Oil?
What Is Emu Oil?