Why should I avoid a cleanse if I am sick or immune-compromised?

Ms. Ashley Koff, RD
Keep in mind that if you are sick or if you are immune-compromised a cleanse is not for you. Why? The body needs to harness all its energy to heal itself and that is not what a cleanse does. A cleanse stirs up toxins that are tucked in fat cells and other parts of the body to eliminate them. That's a lot of work for the body and it can leave a healthy person feeling fatigued and even slightly flu-ish.

Continue Learning about Natural Wellness Techniques & Treatments

What are the steps to wellness?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
How to Get Well, by Paavo Airola, published in 1974 was one of the first books I read when I started...
How can acceptance help me move forward in life?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
There are certain things in life we cannot change or solve. When we are faced with the death of a lo...
Why is my body's well-being extremely important?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Since you are inseparable from your body, its well-being is extremely relevant. Those of you who ins...
Is It Safe to Take Natural Remedies with Conventional Medications?