Why should I avoid a cleanse if I am sick or immune-compromised?

Ms. Ashley Koff, RD
Keep in mind that if you are sick or if you are immune-compromised a cleanse is not for you. Why? The body needs to harness all its energy to heal itself and that is not what a cleanse does. A cleanse stirs up toxins that are tucked in fat cells and other parts of the body to eliminate them. That's a lot of work for the body and it can leave a healthy person feeling fatigued and even slightly flu-ish.

Continue Learning about Natural Wellness Techniques & Treatments

What can I do to alleviate physical problems?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Adopting the following measures can help alleviate physical problems:Wellness strategies such as eat...
Why is my body's well-being extremely important?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Since you are inseparable from your body, its well-being is extremely relevant. Those of you who ins...
Why is detoxifying hard?
Joel H. Fuhrman, MDJoel H. Fuhrman, MD
After years of eating a poor diet, detoxifying your body can be both physically and psychologically ...
Is It Safe to Take Natural Remedies with Conventional Medications?