Why should I avoid a cleanse if I am sick or immune-compromised?

Ms. Ashley Koff, RD
Keep in mind that if you are sick or if you are immune-compromised a cleanse is not for you. Why? The body needs to harness all its energy to heal itself and that is not what a cleanse does. A cleanse stirs up toxins that are tucked in fat cells and other parts of the body to eliminate them. That's a lot of work for the body and it can leave a healthy person feeling fatigued and even slightly flu-ish.

Continue Learning about Natural Wellness Techniques & Treatments

Why is it so important to remove toxins from my body?
Pam GroutPam Grout
Once you rid your body of all the toxins, it can go to work better processing food. The other traged...
What are the steps to wellness?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
How to Get Well, by Paavo Airola, published in 1974 was one of the first books I read when I started...
How can I practice living in the moment?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
Just be, and enjoy life. Understand that who you are is not dependent on what you do, what you h...
Is It Safe to Take Natural Remedies with Conventional Medications?