What is the rate of incidence of late adult onset myopia?

Late adult onset myopia is diagnosed in people that are over 40 years of age. It is estimated that 20 percent of people who are 65 years old in the United States have myopia. The incidence decreases as you age, with approximately 14 percent of 70 year olds with myopia.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How common is high myopia?
High myopia is a common cause of blindness. Rate of incidence varies between ethnic groups, with a h...
What is low myopia?
Low myopia is a mild form of nearsightedness. Myopia can be referred to in degrees of severity: low,...
What causes blurry vision while driving at night?
Lee R. Duffner, MDLee R. Duffner, MD
Blurred vision when driving at night indicates that you have probably developed some myopia (nea...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...