How do medications treat early adult-onset myopia?

Medications are not typically used to treat early adult-onset myopia. Medications are not able to correct the size or shape of your eye, nor are they able to adjust the light refraction that occurs within the eye. There are a few medications that can be used as treatment, known as cycloplegic agents. However, these medications have multiple side effects. Many people do not consider it a benefit due to these side effects.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is the rate of incidence of late adult onset myopia?
Late adult onset myopia is diagnosed in people that are over 40 years of age. It is estimated that 2...
What is the rate of incidence of youth onset myopia?
The rate of occurrence of myopia in general (not just youth onset) has been increasing. In the past ...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...
Are there different types of myopia?
Yes, there are different types of myopia. Myopia is a broad term or diagnosis used to cover vision p...