Is late adult onset myopia serious?

Late adult onset myopia should be taken seriously because of potential problems. An inability to see clearly at a distance affects your safety and your ability to participate in certain activities. If your myopia is very serious, there is an increased risk of glaucoma. Another risk of myopia is developing a detached retina. If left untreated, myopia can get worse.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

Are there different types of myopia?
Yes, there are different types of myopia. Myopia is a broad term or diagnosis used to cover vision p...
What is youth onset myopia?
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness. Youth onset means that the nearsightedness started d...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
How common is high myopia?
High myopia is a common cause of blindness. Rate of incidence varies between ethnic groups, with a h...