How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?

To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare a list of your symptoms including when they began and whether they've changed since your last eye doctor appointment. Also mention any prescription medication you are taking. If you currently wear prescription glasses or contacts, bring them with you. Be prepared for an eye examination that will include visual acuity tests such as the Snellen chart. Your doctor will use magnifying tools to exam the cornea, lens, retina, macula, and other parts of the eye. They may need to dilate your eyes to make it easier to see walls and back of the eyes. Because your eyes may be sensitive to light after the exam, bring a family member or friend or arrange for transportation after the examination.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
What is low myopia?
Low myopia is a mild form of nearsightedness. Myopia can be referred to in degrees of severity: low,...
What type of doctor should I see to address youth onset myopia?
There are three types of professionals who provide eye care: ophthalmologists, optometrists, and opt...
What is the rate of incidence of early adult-onset myopia?
Myopia, or nearsightedness, is found in approximately 25 percent of people in the United States. Ear...