How common is high myopia?

High myopia is a common cause of blindness. Rate of incidence varies between ethnic groups, with a higher prevalence of myopia noted in Asian populations. High myopia is also more common in children who have at least one parent with mid- to high-myopia.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

What is the rate of incidence of late adult onset myopia?
Late adult onset myopia is diagnosed in people that are over 40 years of age. It is estimated that 2...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my low myopia?
To help prepare for an eye doctor appointment for your low myopia symptoms, you may want to prepare ...
Does myopia affect adults differently than children?
Myopia can affect anyone at any age. The symptoms and causes of myopia are the same regardless of ag...
What is curvature myopia?
Curvature myopia is a form of nearsightedness. People that are nearsighted can see objects that are ...