How common is high myopia?

High myopia is a common cause of blindness. Rate of incidence varies between ethnic groups, with a higher prevalence of myopia noted in Asian populations. High myopia is also more common in children who have at least one parent with mid- to high-myopia.

Continue Learning about Myopia (Nearsightedness)

How do I prepare to see my doctor about my curvature myopia?
To help prepare for your eye doctor appointment about your curvature myopia, you may want to prepare...
Is youth onset myopia serious?
Youth onset myopia is not extremely serious, but should definitely be treated. An inability to see t...
What is high myopia?
High myopia is a degenerative eye condition that leads to chronic eye disorders. People with a high ...
What is low myopia?
Low myopia is a mild form of nearsightedness. Myopia can be referred to in degrees of severity: low,...